1. This year’s competition is open to all Filipino citizens, regardless of age, place of residence, and occupation.
2. There shall be only one entry per person, submitted in soft copy to the following address: http://projectch.com
3. An entry, to be considered, shall comprise the following:
a. An original photo, preferably 8×10, showing one or more Filipinos at home, in school, at work, at play, at leisure, or in portraiture. The photography subject(s) shall be existing persons, with the setting identifiable upon request of the organizer. Qualifiers and winners might have to be asked to produce 13R photo size.
b. A positive, encouraging message with no more than 140 characters (letters, numbers, and punctuation marks) spreading the smiles in the photo to the rest of the world.
c. A one to three-paragraph explanation of the MESSAGE in ENGLISH or FILIPINO, with no more than 200 words (excluding punctuation marks), appropriately titled, that succinctly explains the message of the photo. The concept of calidad humana (see above) should be explicit in the essay.
d. An accomplished form, see below, that indicates:
Full Name (First, Middle, and Last), Age (with Date-Month-Year of Birth)
Title of the Photo-Essay, Brand of Camera Used and Technical Settings (if any)
Home Address, Land Line, Mobile Number, and e-mail Address
Current School and/or Place of Work and Corresponding Mailing Address
Personal Certification on the originality of the photo
4. Deadline for submission is 30 April 2013.
The GRAND PRIZE is a roundtrip airfare ticket with accommodations for BRAZIL and CHILE, for the winner to be the Filipino’s Ambassador for Smiles for the World. The cash awards are US$ 1,000 for first place; US$ 600 for second place; and $ 400 for third place. There shall likewise be non-cash prizes.
Entries shall be the property of the Embassy of Chile, which reserves the right to use the work, edit and publish it as deemed appropriate, but always duly acknowledging the author.
A panel of five (5) individuals shall decide on the preliminary qualifiers based on the criteria below. A final panel of five (5) judges, to be selected by the organizing committee, shall determine the winners without regard to scores earlier given to qualifying essays. Winners shall agree to be interviewed on camera on matters related to the theme of the competition
The decision of the preliminary and final panel of judges shall be deemed final.
Without attempting to give weights to the criteria for qualifiers and winners, the basis for judgment shall be as follows:
- Effectiveness of the photo, with the corresponding message and explanation, to capture the spirit behind the Filipino smile and what it stands for, how well it conveys the theme of the competition;
- The overall quality of the photo, with message and explanation, as a medium of expression, without necessarily appealing to technical considerations;
- The uniqueness and impact with which the photo, message and explanation;
- Judging shall always be on the totality of the entry.
NOW you’re ready to join! Click HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY! 🙂